Luckyblind's Poker Blog

Random thoughts and reports from a relative Poker newbie.

Name:
Location: Drogheda, Ireland

Green Joker Poker is an online cardroom on the Ipoker network. To see what great offers, promotions and games we have visit www.greenjokerpoker.com

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Why ?

Too much free time at work during quite days, I find myself trawling through The Hendon mob, boards.ie poker forums and various other blogs suchs The Camels and Paul Phillips - Very sad I know ! I decided that it was time to start my own, if only for to give myself something else to do.

I often find myself joining cash games online in these spells and can end up losing money due to the fact I never pick up a hand until someone comes into my shop!

My Poker History

I picked up the poker bug myself back in April this year, starting online with VC and Ladbrokes.
Within a week I had won my first small tournie and was hooked. I then started playing in a regular Friday night home game and have developed into a reasonable player.

Profit wise I am up both online and live, mainly due to a €4000 win in the Merrion in a satellite for the WPC and a $11,000 win on Party Poker - again a satellite comp, the software crashed with 3 players left and they paid out cash based on chip position rather than a seat in a land based tournie!

I have given up on VC- mainly because of their software faults and too many low entry fee tournies. I stopped playing on Laddies after cashing out my initial deposit after a small win and throwing the rest way in the cash games there!

Mostly I play on Party Poker, making a small profit on the Sit 'n' Go's to fund entries in the MTT's looking for those elusive Big Score's! I don't have the patience or discipline to sit in the cash games for hours, although recently I have been dipping into the capped NL tables with a small degree of success.

This week I intend to visit the scene of my only Land based success - The Merrion in Dublin and enter the small tournies in their winter festival, hopefully cashing to get a ticket for the EPT event on Saturday.