Luckyblind's Poker Blog

Random thoughts and reports from a relative Poker newbie.

Name:
Location: Drogheda, Ireland

Green Joker Poker is an online cardroom on the Ipoker network. To see what great offers, promotions and games we have visit www.greenjokerpoker.com

Monday, November 08, 2004

The challenge takes a beat......

Not really a bad beat as I was behind all the way once the flop came, but time out is needed to chill. I have KK and blinds are 50/100, I have average chips. It is raised 500 UTG. Everybody folds to me in the big blind and I flat call. The flop comes QQ2 and I put out a tester 400 bet out. It was called and the next card was the 7 of diamonds. This made two diamonds on the board and I was sure now he had a Queen. This time he bet 400, I called thinking if a diamond came I could take him off at the end. The River was the King of diamonds, giving me Kings full of Queens and now I think I have him beat I go All in. He calls straight away and then I am dismayed to see the money slide over to him! He had QQ, It had to happen sometime, but this is the biggest hand I have lost with so far! I am sure there are many of you out there who have had bigger hands beaten but it is still a sickener!

Luckily for the challenge I had just come second in the previous Sit and go so we are back to level for the day.