Luckyblind's Poker Blog

Random thoughts and reports from a relative Poker newbie.

Name:
Location: Drogheda, Ireland

Green Joker Poker is an online cardroom on the Ipoker network. To see what great offers, promotions and games we have visit www.greenjokerpoker.com

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Signs....

My big poker adventure starts in just over a week. Last night I logged on to Pokerstars and saw that they are running the first part of the tournament in two halves. I am in the first half starting the day after we arrive. From the list of nicknames I can only see a few top pro's in this half, Hoyt Corkins, Erick Lindgren, Isabelle Mercier and TT Tran. The other half looks a bit tough with Phil Ivey, Barry Greenstien, Daniel Negreanu, Eric Siedel, Juha Helppi and Josh Arieh. So far so good !

Christmas day was also a bit spooky. I am not normally anywhere near superstitious but something strange was going on. At the meal we pulled our crackers and I managed to win a miniature pack of playing cards. Later on in the evening another box of crackers was opened and yet again I won the miniature cards ! I am considering using one of these as a marker for my cards in Atlantis !

Just a reminder, internet connection permitting, I will be keeping a diary of the WPT event at Clanpoker.com .

I have played a couple of tournaments online over the festive season and have made the money both times for a grand profit of $30 !! The first was a 1800+ Party Poker tournie and I managed to make it to 176th Position. Every time I got into a good position I was whacked by the gods of poker. Twice I had the nut straight and once the nut flush by the turn only for the board to pair on the river to give someone a boat and cripple me again. I finally put the last of my chips in with AQ and was called by J10 suited and Ace on the flop but running clubs on the turn and river and I was gone. The second was a VC rebuy. It was only $3 but first paid almost $500. I made it to the money and then picked up the rockets. The table chip leader went in before me and I called to find him with pocket 2's. I had seen the 2's hold up early and they did so again and I was out in 21st of 167.

The rockets have not been good to me lately, I have been having a go at limit poker and picked them up twice last night only to get an ace on the flop both times and still lose ! So 0/3 last in total, hopefully it will even out next week !

The $1.71 challenge is still going, although I am not giving it a great deal of attention at the moment. I am hovering around the $130 mark and am currently playing limit .50/1 with the odd small priced MTT thrown in for good measure.

If I don't manage to post again before the New Year I would like to wish everyone a GOOD ONE!

Also well done to fellow blogger Milkybarkid who has qualified for the EPT event in Deauville through Pokerstars. Also to the dealer at the Fitz whose real name I forget, who quailfied for the Copenhagen leg, online he is CrazyGrace !