Luckyblind's Poker Blog

Random thoughts and reports from a relative Poker newbie.

Name:
Location: Drogheda, Ireland

Green Joker Poker is an online cardroom on the Ipoker network. To see what great offers, promotions and games we have visit www.greenjokerpoker.com

Sunday, January 23, 2005

Of to France

Finally after 6hrs of play in a satellite for the EPT in Deaville, France.

PokerStars Tournament #4624413, No Limit Hold'emSuper SatelliteBuy-In: $360.00/$20.0098 playersTotal Prize Pool: $35280.00 Target Tournament #3251223 Buy-In: $2600.009 tickets to the target tournamentTournament started - 2005/01/22 - 18:00:00 (ET)
Dear Aces_Mike,
You finished the tournament in 1st place.You qualified to play in Tournament #3251223 and are automatically registered for it.See Tournament #3251223 Lobby for further details.In addition a $1,000.00 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

It was touch and go for a while, I lost two big pots early on with AK and was down to 1300 from initial 2500 chips. Patience prevailed and I climbed back up to 5000 without showing a hand. I dropped back to 4000 and when down to 30 or so I took a shot with 99 and it held up vs A10, shortly after I called an UTG raise with JJ. I had seen the guy raise from here with nothing so when the flop came 988 then 7 on the turn I called all his bets then a J hit the turn also bring a flush possibility. He moved in and I was up into the top 10 for the first time.

Patiently winning small pots here and there and also flopping a set of Queens vs a set of Jacks I made it to 2nd place with twenty left. It took forever to get to 16 players which was the bubble for the $380 consolation prizes. I was picking up no cards at this point and when I did pick up AK it cost me 6000. 9 places were up for grabs and I had been whittled down to 10th place with 11 left. I had 6000 and the blinds were 600,1200. A guy folded his small blind to me and was criticised by the other shortstack on the table. I was pleased when the guy replied ' Mike can play I did not want to double him up with a weak hand '. This seemed to satisfy the complainant who eventually went out on the bubble. I took as a sign to move in 3 pots in a row and was soon back up to 15000 and then Mr complaining reraised a big stack only holding QJ and found himself up against a lovelyBig slick which held up and I will be joining Milkybarkid in France.
Hopefully I can do better than my WPT effort although I don't ssuppose the Holiday will be anywhere near as good as the Bahama's !

Stay Lucky !

Mike