Luckyblind's Poker Blog

Random thoughts and reports from a relative Poker newbie.

Name:
Location: Drogheda, Ireland

Green Joker Poker is an online cardroom on the Ipoker network. To see what great offers, promotions and games we have visit www.greenjokerpoker.com

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

This now officially a bad beat blog !

This is now getting hard to stomach, I know it will run my way just as much over the long run but short term I am getting killed whenever I get involved preflop with pocket pairs. I thought it had changed after playing 6 $25 NL turbo's last night and getting 3 firsts, 2 seconds and a third for a healthy profit. I never had AA, KK or QQ once in all of these and the worst beats were AK vs Ax both time when heads up with the chip lead !

However it has gone back to good old outdraw city this morning. So far I have played 3 and these are my exit hands :

KK vs QQ
QQ vs 1010
QQ vs 99

All in before the flop and each time a set flopped against me !
Odds of this happening are 64:1, I'm off to the bookies to find a longshot to lump some money on.

Anybody got any lucky charms for sale ?

It gets worse - 4th game AA vs 57 and you guessed it 346 on the flop ! over 300:1 now !