Luckyblind's Poker Blog

Random thoughts and reports from a relative Poker newbie.

Name:
Location: Drogheda, Ireland

Green Joker Poker is an online cardroom on the Ipoker network. To see what great offers, promotions and games we have visit www.greenjokerpoker.com

Monday, January 17, 2005

What are the odds ?

I know it sounds like I am moaning, but the deck has been hitting me right where it hurts recently. Last night I started playing the $55 NL Turbo’s on Pokerstars. At first look they are a really soft game, although there are a few good players lurking for feed. It started of well with 2 wins and 2 seconds without getting many big hands, just playing good solid positional poker. On the back of this I entered the $215 Tournie. No complaints in that one apart from running KK into AA twice ! I came back from the first one but could not do it again and finished 1343 out of over 2200.

Then I went back to playing the turbo’s. As I was still suffering from jet lag and had slept all day so I ended up playing another 16 and only got one third ! This is the reason why:

AA vs Q5 and Q4 Board 109J8x
AA vs 22 and 2 flops
KK vs 99 and KK vs 88 and KK vs QQ set each time
KK ran into AA twice
AK vs Ax lost 3 times
99 vs 88 you guessed it an 8 flopped

Others were closer but I was ahead every other time bar one on my exit hands and the one I was behind was AJ vs KK and it took the proverbials by giving me an Ace on the flop only for a runner runner flush for the Kings !

I have dropped down to the $25’s tonight and am so far 2 wins for 2, hope that is not an omen. I am gonna play 100 of each in total and see where the land lies and if I can get an ROI of 40% I am getting a new desktop for the home with a big monitor and am gonna multitable 4 at a time. That works out at roughly $80/hr and will do nicely.

$1.71 update

This challenge has finally bitten the dust in the heated battlegrounds of the VC ½ Omaha tables. I worked it up to over $300 and blew it an entertaining afternoon, the table included a hungover Hectorjelly and also briefly Hyzepher from Boards.ie.
Ah well it was fun while it lasted.

Pokerstars goodie bag

I forgot to mention on my trip report how good the Pokerstars goodie bag was. First of the bag was a large holdall with a disrceet Pokerstars logo and also embroidered with my name. Inside were 8 different tops including polo shirts, ice hocky tops, a nice WPT jacket and the obligatory T shirts. There was also a Sterling silver card protector, a Zippo luggage tag, a fan, a beach towel, a hat, flip flops and a $10 phone card. Thanks Pokerstars.

I also forgot to mention what a nice guy Lee Jones is. We got talking to him a few times on the trip and he always made time to answer our questions.

As I am finishing this I have just won my third in a row so maybe my luck is on the change !
Stay Lucky !

Mike