Luckyblind's Poker Blog

Random thoughts and reports from a relative Poker newbie.

Name:
Location: Drogheda, Ireland

Green Joker Poker is an online cardroom on the Ipoker network. To see what great offers, promotions and games we have visit www.greenjokerpoker.com

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

lady luck answers !

After bowing to lady luck in my last post she finally came good for me. Not in the outdrawing people way, but in my hands holding up for a change.

I entered the $50 freezeout on Pokerstars, 272 runners and a first prize of $3700.

It started slowly and by the first break I was still at starting chips. A succession of ill timed moves saw me down to 600 chips when the average was over 3000. Two small pocket pairs held up and I was back up to average.

I managed to steal a few blinds here and there but was below half the average when I found AK in the big blind and groaned when I moved in aagainst AQ. This has been my nemesis match up lately, but for a change it held up and I went straight into blind stealing mode as almost a grand was in the pot preflop. I moved within touching distance of average through this and stayed level for a while before another double up was needed.

I snuck into the money in 27th place of 27 paid spots and lo and behold two more pocket pairs held up and I was into the top 10 stacks and able to play some poker. I moved up a gear and was raising and using position when called to win pots, then I got into a war with another large stack and was back down to 11th of 11. I really need to learn how to throw away AJ when in the blinds and facing a large raise from a big stack !

However I picked up 77 and moved in to be called by 6's and again no horrific outdraws. I then busted a shortstack, the only time I outdrew someone all night - k5 beating k9 ( I was in the BB and the pot was giving me 2.5:1)

I made it to the final table after raising half my chips and being called then moving in when he checked to me - I had diddly squat but i figured I needed some chips. At the final table i used the same move when I raised with 77 and the flop came AA6. I think I had the best here.

I went card dead for a while but managed to get into 4th place stealing here and there. Finally after an hour of the final table I was forced in with a J5 vs Q10 and no help left me with my best non satellite of the year and a nice $1088 to put me back into profit excluding the seat at Deauville.

I was sat next to one of my favourite bloggers The Camel for a short while but never had chance to introduce myself as he proceeded to have AK beaten two hands in quick succession, both against pocket 9's.

I repeat my mantra 'ITS ALL LUCK' and hope for more of the same tommorrow !