Luckyblind's Poker Blog

Random thoughts and reports from a relative Poker newbie.

Name:
Location: Drogheda, Ireland

Green Joker Poker is an online cardroom on the Ipoker network. To see what great offers, promotions and games we have visit www.greenjokerpoker.com

Monday, February 14, 2005

Thanks ...

....to all those who have wished me luck for France. It is much appreciated. As far as Stan James are concerned I do not stand a chance ! I was looking through the odds and they have people listed at upto 200:1 but my name doesn't seem to be there - It must be a mistake. Maybe they will sponsor me when I win it and save them paying out anything on the event !

I am all set to go after a profitable week on the poker front. About $1300 up for the week which gives me a bit of money to enter some of the smaller events. The only disappointment poker wise this week was not making the money in the boards tournament although I did manage a creditable 5th to follow my 7th last week. The critical hand for me has been discussed in the comments section of my last post so I won't go into detail apart from congratulating Oscar for taking all my chips to go on and win the thing. I did however successfully wield THE HAMMER twice and also after seeing Oscar misplay 92o, I showed him how it should be done a few hands later - raise preflop and check raise on the turn !

For any Irish players who need poker chips I have some sets coming into stock which will be reasonably priced. €50 for a set of 300 11.5g with case, cards & dice. €25 for a set of 200 lesser quality chips in a tin with green felt and chip rack. Anybody interested email me and I will get you more details when I am back from France.

Internet connection allowing there should be plenty of updates here letting you know how I am doing.

Stay Lucky,

Mike