Luckyblind's Poker Blog

Random thoughts and reports from a relative Poker newbie.

Name:
Location: Drogheda, Ireland

Green Joker Poker is an online cardroom on the Ipoker network. To see what great offers, promotions and games we have visit www.greenjokerpoker.com

Thursday, March 24, 2005

All systems go..

So I failed again to qualify for the Irish open online last night. I am not surprised, the loose play on Tribeca does not suit my game at all. I did not find any hands other than QQ twice. I double up with it in the rebuy and had to lay it down post flop in the freezeout section. I ended up making a move with 55. Now I called with this hand to a raise of 4000 from early position. Blinds were still 300/600 at this point but I only had just over 3000 left. I ended up in a race with K7. That just goes to show the standard of play. Who in their right mind raises such an amount from this position with this hand ? From the cut off or button I can understand, but can you really call a reraise with it ?

Anyway I am definately playing in the main event. I have been backed for part of the buy in by some people who have confidence in me. I was really very surprised at the amount of people who have offered to buy a % of me, most of whom I only know through this blog or Boards.ie. Obviously I will be doing my utmost to give them a good return on the investment.

I will also be playing the €100 rebuy tomorrow night and the €150 rebuy on Sunday. There is a slim chance I may have a crack at the €500 tonight if I get there in time. It depends whether it is unlimited rebuys or a rebuy and top up. If I can double up early I won't be at much of a disadvantage if I don't top up.

Reports will be uploaded whenever possible. Blondepoker will be providing live updates on the forum.

Happy easter everyone. Don't eat too many eggs !