Luckyblind's Poker Blog

Random thoughts and reports from a relative Poker newbie.

Name:
Location: Drogheda, Ireland

Green Joker Poker is an online cardroom on the Ipoker network. To see what great offers, promotions and games we have visit www.greenjokerpoker.com

Friday, May 06, 2005

Back on the Horse...

Over the last two weeks I have only played the Boards online tournies and the main event at the Fitzwilliam festival. Last night I decided to saddle up and play an online MTT. The break has done me good, I am back to laughing at any bad beats inflicted on me.

It was only a $5.50 rebuy on Pokerstars but the first prize was over $3000 as there was 659 runners so it was well worth shooting for.

As usual in these I immediately rebought. The first hand I got KK on the button, half the table was sitting out and I won the blinds with a small raise. From then on through out the rebuy I got nothing higher than Q10. I dribbled down to 1500 and rebought again. 2 mins before the end of the rebuy I am back down to 2000 chips and 2 players go all in before me. I have Q10 off and think 'what the hell' and call. AK & 1010 but I sucked out with a queen and now had 7500, a top up to 9500 and I am just over average at the first break.

The next hour I double up to 18,000. During this I raised with KK again, got one caller and flopped quads. I checked the flop and turn and he folded to my bet on the river. The other key hand was A10 suited where I flopped top pair and the nut flush draw. I end up all in vs the K high flush draw and won my biggest pot of the night.

The next hour I doubled up again to 40,000. I limped with KK UTG and got a raise from the Blig blind, I moved in and took a nice pot without a flop. I tried it again with the boots UTG and this time got no raisers and lost a small pot to a 4 flush. Then I found 10 10 in the big blind and the small blind raised into me. I flat called and for the second time I flopped quads. This time I got action on every street. I flat called until the river where I raised it up four times his bet. I should have moved in because he called instantly!

I upped my bet frequency as the blinds were getting high and won and lost about the same amount of pots. One key hand when down to 25,000 and 2000,4000 blinds I was in the big blind with 88 and reraised a mid position raiser. I won the race with AK after a K on the flop and an 8 on the river!

Down to 34 players and I have half the average chips with 60,000. I am in the Big blind with QQ and there is a raise from one of the chip leaders in mid postion. I move all in and he calls with A8o. An ace on the flop and I am 34th making a grand $40 profit for over 3 hours play!

However it was a 3 hours well spent as I am back happy with my game and did little wrong throughout the whole tournament. 'If it wasn't for bad luck...' as our favourite World Champion likes to say!